Welcome to My Serene Abode

August 13, 2008

NEW HOME- COORDINATIONS & LIAISONS

Looks like I was in shock way tooooooooooooo long!!! Reeling out of that minor shock, here I start writing again.

I realize it is not easy creating a home. There is this proverb in my native language that says “Try building a house, try conducting a wedding” – to depict the fact that neither of these acts are easy. There are like a million co-ordinations to be done, and it makes it that much more tough without being at the site daily to monitor the progress. The interior designer, including, is so prone of giving me surprises every now and then, while at work. But then again, I guess renovating part of the house and leaving the rest untouched is the best way to invite trouble, if you don’t intend to maintain your presence at the site. Incidences of one or two chipped tiles have cropped up since hacking work started.

We in full for the bathroom accessories and asked the supplier to deliver it direct to site, but since neither me nor my hubby were available to receive the delivery, we were not able to check the items delivered against the purchase order. As you can see, this delivery was asked to be made in good faith that the supplier would supply all materials at site correctly. Then, I receive this phone call from my ID saying “Did you not order the taps for the wash basins? Do you realize you need a bracket to attach the glass sink to the wall?” My heart nearly sank. I was like….”Look, hello, I do know that there is a bracket requirement, and I’ve already ordered it, and asked it to be delivered. It IS there (unshakeable trust on the supplier)! So, please ask your installer to check again.” Then, I call up my supplier asking her if every item has been delivered. And she gives me the assurance that all has been packed safely and delivered to site already. Then again my ID calls me, and says, “My plumber is still unable to find it”…at this point he gets a call on the other line, he puts me on hold and later speaks into the line saying all the items are there! My sunken heart leaps up. Then he says “By the way, the wall tiles are already broken in the common bathroom…” (my poor heart sinks again) “but not to worry, I’ll do sumthin about it”. Both my husband and I are looking expectantly forward to the day that all renovation works would be completed, all items delivered and we settled in….at this point, I am searching high and low for a magical wand…. Trust me!!!

No comments: