Welcome to My Serene Abode

March 11, 2009

It is been EONs since I last blogged, tat I've almost forgotten my username and password to log on.

Anyways, I wanted to know what all these buzz about the Slumdog Millionaire was about...I know, a bit too late, but nonetheless....you know what they say: late than never!! So, I was browsing through the throngs of reviews on the web and when I realised that the show was an adaptation of a book by Vikas Swarup, I made a chase for the book. In any case, from the reviews, I realised that the show was nothing like the book from which it was adapted from. And as usual, when I learn that a movie is an adapation of a book, I'd rather read the book first. So, I bought the book and started reading it with soooooo much expectation, especially since it's been some time since I had a good read.

To my disappointment, the book is no page-turner. I am halfway through the book and I so wish I hadn't started. To start off with, the titles of the chapters are in no way connected to the climax of each chapter, which is the Q&A session of the game, where Thomas Mohammed Ram (known as Jamal in the movie of course) answers each question correctly based on recounts of incidences in his life that has led him to the right answers. The intriguing thing is that how a teenager of his age, with NO educational background, can retain so much technical info, especially in the chapter where he recounts a soldier telling him minute details of a war that he was in.

But well, since I have started on the book, I hold a duty towards it to complete it....hope it gets interesting alteast in the second half!!!

No comments: